SECTION 33-31-708. Action by written or electronic ballot.
(a) Unless prohibited or limited by the articles or bylaws, any action that may be taken at any annual, regular, or special meeting of members may be taken without a meeting if the corporation delivers a written or electronic ballot to every member entitled to vote on the matter.
(b) A written or electronic ballot shall:
(1) set forth each proposed action; and
(2) provide an opportunity to vote for or against each proposed action.
(c) Approval by written or electronic ballot pursuant to this section is valid only when the number of votes cast by ballot equals or exceeds the quorum required to be present at a meeting authorizing the action, and the number of approvals equals or exceeds the number of votes that would be required to approve the matter at a meeting at which the total number of votes cast was the same as the number of votes cast by ballot.
(d) All solicitations for votes by written or electronic ballot shall:
(1) indicate the number of responses needed to meet the quorum requirements;
(2) state the percentage of approvals necessary to approve each matter other than election of directors; and
(3) specify the time by which a ballot must be received by the corporation in order to be counted.
(e) Except as otherwise provided in the articles or bylaws, a written or electronic ballot may not be revoked.
What our Clients are Saying!
"Anyone, whether a property manager or a volunteer Board member, who has responsibility for running an election, should use VoteHOAnow for a virtually effortless election."
"Our election was a success, with more votes than we've seen in years, and over half of all votes came in via electronic voting."
We really appreciated how flexible and easy to work with VoteHOANow was during the process of getting our community ready to vote electronically for the first time.